Tuna Cakes is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 3 cans Tuna
- 2 Sweet Potato (Approximately 2 Cups cooked and mashed)
- 1 Red Pepper (Finely Diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1/2 Lime (Juice)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Dice the sweet potato into smallish cubes and boil for 10 minutes in salted water. They should be fork tender.
- While the sweet potato boils, sauté the diced red pepper and onion in a little bit of oil until the onion is soft.
- Now mix everything together in a mixing bowl until well combined. I use a wooden spoon to smash the potato as I mix, leaving slightly chunky.
- Form the mixture into tuna cakes. (12 )
- Heat up oil in skillet over a medium high heat. Once the pan is hot – carefully place the fish cakes in the pan and allow them to get a good sear on each side. Let them sit for at least 3 minutes per side.
These are very tender to cook. Crumble easily, but OH so yummy!
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength