THAI GLAZED SALMON
Thai Glazed Salmon is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup (no substitute)
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Tbsp white or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Clove garlic, grated
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 6 x 6 ounce wild salmon fillets (36 ounces total) skin on or off
- Pinch of salt
- In small saucepan: Whisk all ingredients (except salmon) together until combined. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 7-10 minutes until thickened.
- Place salmon fillets in large baking dish single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Brush on Thai Glaze to cover evenly all fillets. (Save about 1/4 of the glaze for later). Cover and let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Turn oven broiler to high. Place top oven rack 5” to 6” below heat source. Line large baking sheen with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Place Salmon fillets skin side down (if skin on). Brush with saved glaze. Again saving a small amount for later.
- Broil for 8 minutes. You might need to rotate half way through. Remove from oven. Brush with remaining glaze. Broil for 5 more minutes or until glaze has caramelized.
- Save the leftovers. It is amazing cold in salad or heated up with quinoa or rice.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength