SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1 pound asparagus (ends trimmed and each stalk cut into 2-3″ pieces)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the lemon sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook for about 3 minutes, turning them over to cook both sides. Season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Shrimp should be beginning to pink on both sides and be opaque, but just slightly undercooked. Remove from frying pan and place shrimp on a plate.
- In same frying pan, heat another 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp, bright green, and just barely beginning to brown. Season asparagus with 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more if needed). Add ginger and garlic and stir to combine with asparagus. Cook for another 30-45 seconds or so.
- Pour in lemon sauce mixture into frying pan with asparagus. Add shrimp back into pan and combine sauce with asparagus and shrimp. Simmer for about a minute or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and serve.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength