PAN SEARED HONEY GARLIC SALMON
Pan Seared Honey Garlic Salmon is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon (lime) juice
- 2 – 3 large garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 x 3 oz each salmon fillets, skin on/off
- 1 – 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lemon/lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon fillets in a large resealable Ziploc bag and pour marinade over.
- Squeeze as much air out as possible and seal the bag.
- Gently move fillets around inside the bag to make sure they are all evenly coated.
- Place flesh side down and let marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet on low – medium heat and add oil, making sure it coats the bottom of the skillet evenly.
- Place salmon fillets flesh side down leaving enough space in between them.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, cook another minute and flip over.
- Repeat: cover, cook for 3 minutes, remove the lid and cook for another minute.
- If your skillet is not large enough, I recommend cooking in two batches. If you over crowd the skillet, cooking time increases by a few minutes for each step.
- Serve hot garnished with green onions, alongside quinoa and steamed broccoli – my favorite.
- Store: Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength