ORANGE CHICKEN STIR FRY
Orange Chicken Stir Fry is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast/tenders, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil, divided
- 2 lb asparagus, end portions trimmed and remainder diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sea salt and freshly ground black peppe
- In a 12-inch non-stick wok, heat 1/2 oil over moderately high heat. Once oil is hot, add diced chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, tossing occasionally, about 5-6 minutes.Place chicken on a large plate and set aside.
- Return wok, reduce to medium-high heat, add remaining oil.Once oil is hot, add asparagus, yellow onion and mushrooms, and sauté until tender-crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes, adding in garlic and ginger during the last 1 minute of sautéing.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, honey and cornstarch until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth mixture into skillet with veggies, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring mixture to a light boil, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to gently boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Toss chicken into mixture and serve immediately.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength