Korean Beef Stir Fry
Korean Beef Stir Fry is an easy, healthy and protein dense recipe, which can also be combined with a variety of vegetables and served over a clean carbohydrate for a balanced eating on purpose meal and highly recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90%+ lean)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 1/4cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Remove the ground beef and set aside on a plate.
- Drain the grease and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, snap peas, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Saute 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ground beef back to the skillet.
- In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve over hot rice or cauliflower rice.