This Healthy Meatballs recipe is just that, healthy! It’s also a tasty food for eating on purpose and highly recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1 Pound ground beef, turkey, chicken etc. Your choice.
- 1/2 Cup riced vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Large garlic cloves – grated
- 2 Tsp onion flakes
- 1 Tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
- Using small ice cream scoop ( I use my medium size Pampered Chef scoop) form meatballs. Place them single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Turn and toss with spatula. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serving size: 3ounces or roughly 4 medium size meatballs
This is a great recipe to experiment with seasoning. Italian one time, use some ginger and soy sauce for a Oriental twist, or how about taco seasoning for a Mexican flavor? These meatballs are a great twist for meat in stir fry or with marinara sauce and zucchini noodles.
Tip: Make a double batch. Freeze some or use them in meal prep.
To freeze: Lay rolled raw meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze completely then transfer to a ziplock bag. Thaw, then bake following above directions.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength