FLANK STEAK FAJITAS
Flank Steak Fajitas is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1 Flank Steak (or whatever steak you want)
- Feast Mode – Mexican Fusion
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 2 Bell peppers any color
- 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Sprinkle Feast Mode – Mexican Fusion generously over both sides of steak. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let marinate in spices while working on vegetables.
2. Turn on oven to high broil. Place top rack in oven 6-8 inches from top elements. Line large sheet pan with silicone baking mat or foil.
3. Slice onion and bell peppers. Place on sheet pan covering the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with Mexican Fusion. Slice lime in half. Squeeze juice on vegetables.
4. Place steak in middle of sheet pan and on top of vegetables.
5. Broil in oven. 7-10 minutes per side depending on how rare you like your steak. Make sure to stir the vegetables when you flip the steak to its second side.
6. After cooking. Cover steak and veggies with foil or an upside down sheet pan. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to absorb it juices.
7. Cut steak against the grain into thin strips.
Serve with lettuce and tomato, salsa or avocado for a fajita salad. Prep with rice or sweet potatoes and black beans for future meals.
Sweet Potatoes & Black Beans
- 2 to 3 Cups sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh Cilantro to taste
- 1 Can black beans
1. Place cubed sweet potatoes and onion in a large frying pan. Add about 2 inches of water to the bottom of the pan. Simmer with lid on pan for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not mushy. Drain excess water if any left.
3. Mix together in small bowl. Chili powder, paprika, garlic, lime juice, olive oil and chopped cilantro. Pour over sweet potatoes.
4. Turn the heat up to medium and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir a few times to prevent sticking.
5. Stir in black beans. Simmer, on stove while broiling steak, stirring a few times to prevent scorching.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength