CLEAN SALMON BURGERS
Salmon Burgers with a “clean” twist are a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- Serving Size: 1 Burger
- 4 cans (6 ounce) Boneless Skinless Salmon. (I sometimes substitute 6oz of smoked salmon for one can. Gives it a great smoky taste.)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup riced vegetable of your choice. (Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp garlic or one clove
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Herbs to taste like dill, chives, parsley.
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together. Divide into 5 equal portions. I measure the portions on my food scale dividing into my 3 oz. protein allotment for my Eat On Purpose Plan. Shape into patties. Fry in a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. 3-4 minutes on each side.
Refrigerate leftover patties. Use in meal preps for next meals or freeze.
Best if quick fried to reheat but ok in the microwave as well.
BONUS • Avocado/Tomato Salsa. By Chris Hamann.
- 1 Diced Avocado
- 1 cup diced fresh Tomato
- 1/4 cup diced Onion
- Fresh Cilantro to taste
- Mix gently
Add dressing of:
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 -3 Tsp Lime Juice (must be lime)
- 1 crushed clove Garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper ( optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour over avocado/tomato mixture
- Mix gently
- Serving size 1/2 cup
Makes a great addition to the Salmon Burger!
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength