CAULIFLOWER CRUST SHEPARD’S PIE
Cauliflower Crust Shepard’s Pie is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 2 pounds ground meat ( chicken, beef, lamb, wild game)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small bag frozen peas and carrots ( about 3 cups)
- 1 cup marinara sauce( look for organic, only real ingredients, no sugar)
- Brown meat, onion and garlic in large oven proof skillet. Until meat is done and onions are cooked. Add frozen peas and carrots. Add marinara sauce. Simmer for a few minutes. Leave in skillet.
Mashed Cauliflower “Crust”:
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tsp pesto (or 1 tsp basil and 2 cloves garlic minced)
- 2 eggs
- Throw everything into a food processor or blender. Process until it looks like mashed potatoes.
- Spread mashed cauliflower over meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Romano cheese.
- Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes. If you like a crispy, brown crust, broil for 5 minutes before serving.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength