BEEF TAGINE WITH SQUASH SPIRALS
Skillet Beef Tagine with Spiraled Butternut Squash is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1 pound top sirloin (or any steak)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large shallots (1 small onion)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with spicy red pepper, 14.5 ounces
- 1 package Spiralized Butternut Squash, 10.7 ounces (1 small butternut squash. Spiral your own fresh!)
- Trim any fat from meat and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a medium bowl mix meat, paprika, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat, set aside.
- Chop shallot into eighths.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add meat and shallots, cook stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink and shallots are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes and butternut squash, cook until squash is tender, about 4 minutes.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength