Balsamic Chicken and Brussel Sprouts is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1/4 c. plus 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 10 whole peeled garlic cloves, ends trimmed
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved or quartered, if large
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil, balsamic, thyme, and rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and sear chicken thighs skin-side down until crispy, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out skillet, if desired.
- To skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add whole garlic cloves and brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and deeply golden, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in brussels sprouts. Bake until chicken is cooked through and brussels sprouts are tender, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan before serving.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength