ASIAN BEEF & BROCCOLI
Asian Beef & Broccoli is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1 Pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Pound steak, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon arrowroot (or corn starch)
1. Steam broccoli in a steamer basket for 5 minutes or until tender (or microwave in a covered dish for 3-4 minutes).
2. Cook steak strips in 1 tablespoon hot oil, 5 minutes or until browned. Remove steak from pan, set aside.
3. In same skillet add garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Return steak, add broccoli and remaining olive oil.
4. Combine arrowroot, soy sauce and chicken broth in a small bowl. Add mixture to skillet, cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stirring often.
Great as is, or served with rice or rice noodles. Serves 4.