20 MINUTE CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
20 Minute Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a nutritious and healthy recipe recommended by Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach Matt Hartsky.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, Optional
- 8oz. whole water chestnuts, drained and diced 0r 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, crumbling as you do so. (About 5 minutes)
- Stir in the garlic, onions, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, and Sriracha.
- Stir occasionally and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chestnuts or celery and sliced green onions, salt and pepper and heat for an additional minute.
- Spoon 3-4 Tablespoons into the center of each lettuce leaf garnish with slivers of bell pepper.
Check out more Healthy Recipes Approved by Transforming Strength